|Course date: 02/03/2020 to 06/03/2020||Duration: 5 Days||Course fee: USD 800, KES 65,000|
A critical aspect of the scientific process is the reporting of new results in scientific journals in order to disseminate that information to the larger community of scientists. Communication of your results contributes to the pool of knowledge within your discipline (and others!) and very often provides information that helps others interpret their own experimental results. The training course guides you in choosing appropriate formats and/or writing styles in developing various scientific journals. The participants will also be guided to outline a complete scientific paper, choose an appropriate journal to which they will submit the finished paper for publication, and prepare a checklist that will allow them to independently judge whether your paper is ready to submit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for students who have previous experience with academic research. If you just finished your graduate dissertation, just began your PhD, or are at a different stage of your academic journey or career and just want to publish your work.
The objective of this course is to guide participant on a step by step process of developing a scientific paper. After the end of the training, the participants will be able to;
1. Learn what is necessary before writing a paper: the context in which the scientist publish their papers. This will enable the participant to learn how to know their own community, through different examples, and then we will present you how scientific journal and publication works.
2. Identify fundamental style for developing a scientific paper
3. Understand the suggested strategy for efficiently writing up research results
4. Understand every aspect of format and content of each section of a paper (part of learning to write a scientific paper is learning how to follow instructions precisely),
5. Gain the basic information regarding peer critiques of scientific writing.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
MODULE 1: Introduction
? Principles of effective writing
? Importance of publishing
? Contents of a scientific paper
? How to select a subject
? Narrowing down to the topic
? Ethical guidelines and intellectual property
MODULE 2: Developing a Scientific Paper
? Checking the originality of the idea at the very beginning of your research
? The structure of a paper
? What to include in the title and abstract
? Crafting better sentences and paragraphs
? Check the English
? Impact metrics and citations
? Fundamental styles for developing a scientific journal
Module 3: Structure of a good manuscript
? Basic principles that should always be kept in mind
? What editors and reviewers love, and what they hate
? Good science
? Publication in good journal
i. Impact factor
ii. Immediacy index
? Good writing
? Essential content
Module 4: Parts of Scientific Paper and formatting
? Supplementary materials
Module 5: Language issues
? Clarity, objectivity, accuracy, brevity
? Consistency of the sentences
? Logic of expression
? Accuracy of the grammar
? Spelling mistakes and typos
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can also have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700/+254759285295 or Email: email@example.com
· Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. During the trainings, participants should come with their own laptops.
· The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
· Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through
· Mobile: +254732776700 / +254759285295
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Course Date: 02/03/2020 to 06/03/2020||Duration: 5 Days||Course fee: USD 800 , KES 65,000|