23/05/2022 to 27/05/2022
USD 800, KES 65,000
Digital transformation is the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business, fundamentally changing how businesses operate and deliver value to customers. It involves how an organization uses technology, people and processes to fundamentally change business performance. Organizations, business and consultants are moving from traditional ways of operations to embracing technology to avoid being rendered redundant in the market space. Following digital transformation, there has been disruptions in all sectors including transport, communication and information, financial services, agriculture, wholesale and retail, sales and marketing, health, education and research. For instances tellers in the banks have been replaced by use of mobile phone to withdraw and deposit money in the banks, Uber has disrupted car hire services in logistics and transport, wholesale and retail has been replaced by home delivery of produce while traditional data collection using papers has been replaced by mobile data collection, use of google forms just to mention but a few. To keep ablest with technology particularly digital transformation there is need for a change including in leadership, different thinking, the encouragement of innovation and new business models, incorporating digitization of assets and an increased use of technology to improve the experience of organization’s employees, customers, suppliers, partners and stakeholders. This 5- days course will equip participants with knowledge on the emerging disruptive innovations and what it takes to build and manage successful business models in their field of work.
Who should attend?
· Individuals involved in building strategies in their organisations.
· Managers and supervisors
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
· Formulate successful, innovative strategy to engage in digital transformation
· Analyze opportunities and threats, and design defensive and offensive strategies to bring their business a competitive advantage based on several digital disruption examples.
· Learn how to digitize existing business models, products and value chains.
· To be digitally agile, ensuring you play a key role in navigating your business through digital change.
· Learn practical frameworks and tools to deal head-on with real-world disruption and drive organizational transformation effectively.
· Create a successful digital transformation plan for your organization
· Drive disruption in your industry, don't drown in it
· Identify changes in the business environment and take advantage of them
Module 1: Understanding disruption
· What disruption is, and how to recognise it?
· Types of disruption
· Strategy in times of disruption
· Products to platforms
· Disruptive business models
· Making accountability.
· Focus on a clear set of objectives.
· Setting the scope.
· Embracing adaptive design.
· Adopting agile execution. Encourage risk taking, enabling even lower-level employees to make decisions, fail fast and learn.
Module 2: Leadership and culture
· Important skills an organization leader should have to make him succeed in digital workplace
· Role of culture in digital transformation
· Putting Digital Culture and Talent to Work
· Creating an effective digital culture
· Drivers of digital transformation
· Key trends in digital transformation
· Digital transformation strategy
· Elements of digital transformation
· Customer experience
· Operational agility
· Culture and leadership
· Workforce enablement
· Digital technology integration
· Threat facing company as result of digital transformation
· Risk management
Module 3: Dealing with disruptions
· Dealing with disruption & irrelevance of the concept of industry
· Five major shifts leading to new ecosystems
· Common disruption strategies
· Essential digital transformation roles
· Digital transformation pitfalls
· Data analytics, technologies
· Successful vs. unsuccessful platforms
· Two-sided markets and network effects
· What do platform providers do?
· Platform pricing
· Winner-take-all dynamics
· Platform envelopment
· Leadership and culture
Module 4: Business model innovation
· Why innovate?
· Innovation examples
· Relationship with performance
· Levers of business model innovation: technology
· Levers of business model innovation: management
· Levers of business model innovation: organizational forms
· Levers of business model innovation: co-creation
· Transformation trajectories
· Defining a business model
· Product business model
· Solution business model
· Matchmaking business model
· Multi-sided business model
· Business model thinking: who, what, and how
· Do’s and dont’s of business models
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can also have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700/+254759285295 or Email: email@example.com
· Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. During the trainings, participants should come with their own laptops.
· The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
· Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through
· Mobile: +254732776700 / +254759285295
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
23/05/2022 to 27/05/2022
USD 800 , KES 65,000