Project management helps to effectively deliver quality projects within the cost, time and scope constraints. This course equips the participant with the skills to ensure their projects are completed on time and on budget and according to expectations. The participant will gain a strong working knowledge of project management and be able to immediately use that knowledge to effectively manage projects.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Initiate a project.
- Develop project schedules
- Develop cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Plan and manage project procurement.
- Monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts.
- Close a project successfully.
Fundamentals of project management
- Components of Project Management
- Functions of a Project Manager
- The Art and Science of Project Management
- The Triple Constraints in Project Management
- The project Lifecycle
Project Identification and Design
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Problem Analysis; Problem tree
- Objectives Analysis; Objectives tree
- Strategy Analysis
- Design of Project Intervention Logic using Logical Framework
Project Set Up
- Project Governance Structure
- Project Charter
- Project Launch
- Developing Project Management Plan
- Project Plan vs Project Proposal
- Principles of Project Planning
Project Scope Management
- What is Project Scope?
- Project and Product scope
- Use of Work Breakdown Structure in Scope definition
- Scope Creep
Project Time Management
- Activity Definition and Sequencing
- Activity Duration Estimating
- Activity Resource Estimation
- Schedule Development
- Optimizing schedule
- Schedule Control
Project Resources Management
- Why is managing resources important?
- Managing Project Finances; Budgeting, Cost Estimation, Cost baseline, Monitoring Budgets and Expenditures
- Project Earned Value Analysis
- Managing the Supply Chain
- Human Resources Management
Project Risk Management
- Examine a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
Planning Project Procurement
- Plan Project Procurements
- Prepare a Procurement Statement of Work
- Prepare a Procurement Document
- Identifying the Direct and Manage Project Execution Process
- Managing Issues
- Managing project team
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Managing Internal Controls
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
- Monitoring and Evaluation activities in Project Lifecycle
- Project M&E Plan
- Project Evaluation Approaches
- Project Control
- End of Project Evaluation
- Administrative, Financial and Contractual Closure
- End of Project Learning
- Stakeholders closure meeting
Use of Microsoft Project in Project Management
- Basics of MS Project
- Creating tasks
- Allocating durations to tasks
- Advanced task scheduling
- Creating a resource pool and allocating resources to tasks
- Tracking Project Progress
- Customizing views
- Tracking costs
- Reports views
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can also have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. During the trainings, participants should come with their own laptops.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through Mobile: +254732776700
or Email: email@example.com
Payment should be transferred to FineResults Research Limited bank before commencement of training. Send proof of payment through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.