|Course date: 07/12/2020 to 11/12/2020||Duration: 5 Days||Course fee: USD 800, KES 65,000||Registration closed, view 2018 course calender|
Enroll for online offer of this course and enjoy a 10% discount!
FineResults Research Services can offer this course as a scheduled virtual class through its seasoned industry experts.
This will not only provides you with an opportunity to train from any location worldwide (including the comfort of your home) but also flexibility in course scheduling.
Course fee: USD 790 or KES 58,500 (online training); USD 800 or KES 65,000 (off-line training)
For more information, talk to us:
Phone: +254 732 776 700 / +254 759 285 295
Understanding how to capture, analyze and use data is essential for researchers, educators, private sectors among other actors in research. Although collecting and analyzing accurate data in a reliable and timely manner is important, it is not sufficient to guarantee identification and informed policy action as well as sustainable development in the absence of dissemination of research findings to knowledge users through effective methods. Also, considering the much time and resources used to collect, collate and analyze data by these actors, knowledge on effective methods of disseminating of the research findings to the relevant users for necessary action is important. This 5 days course will equip participants with knowledge on writing various effective research outputs for policy makers, donors, development practitioners, extension service providers, farmers among other beneficiaries of research. Participants will gain knowledge on how to write projects reports, cases (most significant change stories), evidence brief, posters and policy briefs, manuscript for publication in referred journals among other outputs.
Who should attend?
· Policy makers
· NGO and civil society staffs
· Post graduate students
· Private sector representatives
· Media staffs
· Civil Society Organizations
At the end of training participants will:
· Gain knowledge on use of data analysis software of their choice such as excel, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, Python, NVIVO, E-VIEWS
· Have improved capacity to analyze data, understand results, communicate and report the findings of research in an accurate, reliable and timely manner for evidence-based policymaking and sustainable development.
· Learn different communication strategies for researchers to disseminate their research findings.
· Demystify research through effective communication.
· Gain knowledge on effective ways to disseminate information about their projects/research widely
· Realize that they produce common goods and their research products are better if used by others.
· Produce research outputs including policy briefs for policy makers, evidence briefs, cases, posters, project reports and manuscripts (journal articles)
· Equip participants with skills to communicate their research outputs for impact on development.
Topics to be covered
Module 1: Data handling and analysis using the software of choice
· Introduction to excel /SAS/SPSS/Stata/ R/Python/NVIVO/E-VIEWS (software of choice)
· Terminologies used in excel/SAS/SPSS/Stata/ R/Python/NVIVO/E-VIEWS (software of choice)
· Handling Data Files in excel/ SAS/SPSS/Stata/ R/Python/NVIVO/E-VIEWS (software of choice)
· Basic Statistical Analysis using excel/SAS/SPSS/Stata/ R/Python/NVIVO/E-VIEWS (software of choice)
· Statistical Associations in SAS/SPSS/Stata/ R/Python/NVIVO/E-VIEWS (software of choice)
· Advanced analysis in SAS/SPSS/Stata/ R/Python/NVIVO/E-VIEWS (software of choice)
Module 2: Data analysis using software of choice
· Descriptive data analysis (means, standard deviation, median, interquartile range, frequencies and percentages) using SAS/SPSS/Stata/ R/Python/NVIVO/E-VIEWS (software of choice)
· Diagnostic tests (tests for outliers, multicollinearity, normality etc)
· Single comparison tests test statistics (t- tests, Independent t-test, Mann-Whitney test/ Wilcoxon rank sum, One-way ANOVA, Kruskal-Wallis test, Paired t-test, Wilcoxon signed rank test, Repeated measures ANOVA, Friedman test)
· Tests of association (Pearson’s Correlation Coefficient, Spearman’s Correlation Coefficient, chi-square tests, Simple Linear Regression
· Presentation of results using Tables and Figures
· Interpretation of results from descriptive, diagnostic, single comparison and tests of associations
Module 3: Principles of effective writing
· Principles of communication
· Effective communications of research findings for impact
· Effective communications of research findings for impact
· Packaging of research findings
· Contents of project report / case or most significance change story/ evidence brief/ policy brief/ a manuscript for publication in a referred journal
· Exercise on writing one research output
Module 4: Identification of effective common public awareness tools
· Exercise on writing one research output (project report / case or most significance change story/ evidence brief/ policy brief/ a manuscript for publication in a referred journal)
· Identification of basic principles that should always be kept in mind while writing research outputs (project report / case or most significance change story/ evidence brief/ policy brief/ a manuscript for publication in a referred journal)
ü Good writing
ü Essential contents
ü Language issues
· Review of written article
Module 5: Content of a manuscript for publication in a referred journal
· Selecting relevant journal
· How to detect predatory journal
· Outline and content of a manuscript
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can also have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700/+254759285295 or Email: email@example.com
· Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. During the trainings, participants should come with their own laptops.
· The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
· Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through
· Mobile: +254732776700 / 254759285295
· or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Course Date: 07/12/2020 to 11/12/2020||Duration: 5 Days||Course fee: USD 800 , KES 65,000|
|Registration closed, view 2018 course calender|