|Course date: 21/06/2021 to 25/06/2021||Duration: 5 Days||Course fee: USD 800, KES 65,000|
Enroll for online offer of this course and enjoy a 10% discount!
FineResults Research Services can offer this course as a scheduled virtual class through its seasoned industry experts.
This will not only provides you with an opportunity to train from any location worldwide (including the comfort of your home) but also flexibility in course scheduling.
Course fee: USD 790 or KES 58,500 (online training); USD 800 or KES 65,000 (off-line training)
For more information, talk to us:
Phone: +254 732 776 700 / +254 759 285 295
Human life is full of choices to select from on daily basis. Hence, discrete choice models analyses individual choice behavior and solves problems in many fields such as agriculture, economics, accounting, health, engineering, environmental management, urban planning, tourism and transportation among other fields. For example, discrete choice modeling is used in agriculture to inform on the best technology or innovation that are beneficial to farmers. In terms of health, discrete choice modeling informs on the preference of health and healthcare. In market research, discrete choice modeling can guide product positioning, pricing, product concept testing. This 5 days course will equip participants with skills on how to use databases to estimate and test discrete choice models as well as gain hands-on experience in using discrete choice techniques for practical applications.
Who should attend?
· Professionals interested in learning new discrete choice techniques (Masters and PhD students in economics, planning, civil engineering, management, behavioral science, health science, and political science.
· Staff in development research
· Consultants in market research, transportation consulting, planning among others
By the end of training, participants will be able to:
· Understanding discrete choice models and their applications.
· Choose between a range of different models used for predicting mulitinomial choices.
· Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the different econometric models. - use the different models in practise and interpret the outcome.
· Understanding problems of data collection, model formulation, estimation, testing, and forecasting, as learned through case studies of discrete choice methods.
· Utilizing Stata or R software to estimate and test discrete choice models from real databases.
Module1: Basic statistical terms and concepts
· Introduction to statistical concepts
· Descriptive Statistics
· Inferential statistics
· Research design
Theoretical foundations of discrete choice models: Theories of choice
· Random utility theory
· Lancaster’s theory of characteristics
· Neoclassic economics
Module 2: Introduction to behavior modeling
· Analysis of revealed and stated preferences sampling
· Learning how to use Stata/R software:
· Binary choice models
· Probabilistic choice models
ü Logit model
ü Specification of the Logit/Probit model,
ü Estimation of Logit/Probit parameters, the validation process, and their application.
ü Nested logit
Module 3: Choice with multiple alternatives
· Multinomial logit model
· Ordered probit/ordered logit model
· Specification of the Multinomial Logit/Probit and ordered logit/ordered logit models
· Estimation of Multinomial Logit/Probit and ordered logit/ordered logit parameters, the validation process, and their application.
· Case studies with real data sets,
· Nested logit
Module 4: Data management and analysis
· Data analysis using Stata or R
· Model applications
· Case studies on estimation of binary choice model with real data sets,
· Case studies on estimation of Multinomial Logit/Probit and ordered logit/ordered logit with real data sets,
Module 5: Interpretation and discussion of results
· Case study: Interpretation and discussion of results from real data analyzed during training
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can also have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700/+254759285295 or Email: email@example.com
· Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. During the trainings, participants should come with their own laptops.
· The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
· Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through
· Mobile: +254732776700 / 254759285295
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Course Date: 21/06/2021 to 25/06/2021||Duration: 5 Days||Course fee: USD 800 , KES 65,000|